Sad week for a Mommy:-(

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My baby, firstborn, and best friend will be graduating high school on Friday.
She she is already contemplating her next move as she also turns 18 in about 2 weeks . "sigh" How much can one mother handle.
I remember the day she was born. She came in with a wail and has been a HUGE handful from the day she was born.
She is intelligent, opinionated,beautiful, funny, and she loves her God.

We have our daily spats as I think we are both very hard-headed but I wouldnt have it any other way.
She makes me laugh and makes me cry . She can bring out the best and the worst in me.


I could not be more proud of her. She is very scared of being an adult and it is ok to stay my little girl for a while longer if she wants:-)
She has lived her life as a true original . She never took the route of peer pressure and has held fast to her beliefs of no sex before marriage, no drugs, alcohol, smoking , lying etc. We get an occasional white lie but otherwise she has been an honor to parent.

We have been through every hair color/style and every makeup color/style.Even through the torment she gets form other kids she still held fast to her morals and to this day has no skeletons in her closet. I hope that I ahve raised her well enough to now venture on into the world as an adult and a great member of society. I know that in order to be all she can be she has to leave here eventually but , I want to be selfish and keep her here while on the other hand I know she needs to go and follow her own dreams.
Please say a prayer for my baby as she starts on this road to the rest of her life. And keep your eye on her, She is very talented and and creative so she may show up in your town some day.

0 comments:

 
Fizzy Fuzzy. Design by Pocket