Need help with some paint color choices.

Monday, May 11, 2009

I bought these giant frames at the thrift. They were Very nice frames and HUGE I mean they are like 30 inches wide and nearly as tall. Int he frame was a piece of sheet metal like someone was using them for a magnet board. I wanted to take it a step further and try out my chalkboard paint so I painted the sheet metal. now it is a chalkboard/magnet board. As you can see in the picture , My wall is natural honey colored oak beadboard. I want to paint this but am at a loss , I of course have black, I have some deep blue , burgandy and white. No other really coolor combos going on here. What color for the frame? I hate to do it black as my butcher black and phone table are distressed black but I do have a few dark blue items as well.
I did one for my mom to to go along with her mothers day gifts but I left hers natural as her walls in her dining room are a light blue color.
Also I bought the coolest mirror that is already distressed for me, It is pretty large It has hooks at the bottom as well as a small shelf type rim on the top. I would love to keep it white but the rooms I can hang it in are the beadboard honey oak color and then my LR is like a cram / white color , It looks like white if you ahve no white to contrast with so the mirror is too light, My LR has dark burgandy leather sofas, a pebble colored carpet, my endtables I finished in a black with some burgandy under and my coffee table is a dirty white color with black peeking under . There is also a Big Mustard barn star so... What color do ya think? I keep going to black but I think I would have to join the 12 step black paint program LOL..
You can see a little wall color, my coffe table and the sofa, stuff is a little darker as this was with a flash but you get the idea. I want to paint it a good color that I wont change immediately as I HATE to sand LOL.

My curtains in the dining room are a reddish and mustard check. I think I want for sure hand it in here as I have this huge empty spot in my living room right next to the plasma and there isnt a lot I want there, My dad does paintings an I have 3 already in there so I wanted something that would make the room seem more open and light since there are 2 walls with no windows...
Suggestions anyone?

0 comments:

 
Fizzy Fuzzy. Design by Pocket