Places in the Heart and MOVIE night (day)

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Since we are all healing this weekend from either one thing or another I chose today for Movie night . Movie night spanned the whole day.
We set up camp in a darkened room with stacks of movies and DVD's. We of course had to start with Cars. My 3 year old could watch this movie over and over again.
Then onto Wall-e which held his attention a little less but , I didnt mind so much.
Then we had to watch cars again.
Next from one of my picks was fireproof. Kind of cheesy acting but the storyline was good and held my attention.I had been meaning to watch this all the way through for a while and while we had to pause it and rewind a few times for food breaks I finally finished it. Then we watched camp Rock for the 546,677 th time it appeased my daughter.
We ended with Places in the Heart. I had seen this before years and years ago. It is the story of a widow who tries to run a farm and raise 2 young children. It has the obligatory Bank man who you hate throughout the movie . Moses or MOZE, played by Danny Glover is her savior and helps her through many trials. Although the "N" word is still offensive to me when I hear it , it is suitable for older kids who know better than to repeat the forbidden words.
There are 2 down now and 3 to go but I do think my movie watching is finally at it end.
Ciao

0 comments:

 
Fizzy Fuzzy. Design by Pocket