My Little re-do Makeover from the thrift store Metamorphisis Monday

Friday, September 11, 2009



Finally remembered to post a Metamorphisis Monday.. Not a Big one but Hey it is something!Go check out all of the others at http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com









Isnt she a beaut!?



I bought this little stool/chair at the thrift store a few days ago but I wasnt feeling the orangey yellow faded out set and its bright chrome that will not go with anything I have.
SO....This little Lovely got a quickie makeover.





All I had to do was bend back some prongs (4) On the bottom and use a screwdriver to remove the top seat.




I then lightly sanded it of all dirt and yuckies. I took it to the yard and gave all of the chrome a coat of Black rustoleum. I had some cool fabric I wanted to use, A Black with Gold , perfect for the Job! Made a template around the seat, and cut the fabric. I just left the old orange covering on and went right over it. It was clean and was really attached very well.


I sprayed the edges of fabric and seat where I wanted the fabric to attach with Spray adhesive but I any thick like glue would work I am sure. Just more holding as there are no areas that you can staple.
Waited for it to dry .... Voila'.. Instant new stool/chair. Since I am only 5'3 I need a stool everywhere but HATE HATE dragging little stepstools around, this I can pull over with my foot, climb up, down and have a somewhat comfy seat for peeling potatoes :-) Easy peasy Lemon squeezy.


Now I jsut need new rubber caps to go on the legs, It was missing 2 when I bought it.

I hope to be doing more, We are remodeling our kitchen and will have it done witin the MONTH!

10 comments:

Terry said...

Nice work. We went through 2 of these as our kids grew up. We just destroyed them. We climbed up them and sat on them in every room of the house. And we spilled every kind of food on them. I think we were required to take them to dotox when we threw them out. (Actually I kept one; but don't tell my wife.)

Brittany said...

my grandmother had this stool. but it was not this cute!
i host a Goodwill party every Wednesday. stop by and join in!!

Bonnie said...

Thanks Terry, Not the greatest pictures but a huge improvement ove the original!You need to go dig yours out, give it a good wash at the carwash and make it all pretty like this one!

susan said...

Bonnie-Great redo! I'm short too and forever dragging a chair around! You gave this many more years of a useful life and I'm sure it will be right at home in your new kitchen--can't wait to see!

Debra said...

I love it! I've been looking for a stool like that, but it seems they are always over $25.

What a difference some paint and material make. Great job!

Fifi Flowers said...

Cute redo!!! LOVE that fabric!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

that fabric rocks! I need something like that!

Michelle said...

I love mid-century modern! And have quite a few pieces around our home.

Great job on the kitchen stool!

Shirley said...

Great fix up. I would've never thought of covering that seat. Looks great!

Bonnie said...

This was so easy and cheapo! I think I paid 2.00 for the stool. $3 for the paint and the fabric was a leftover from another project.

 
Fizzy Fuzzy. Design by Pocket